Naturopathy combines both traditional and evidence-based philosophy and principles in practice to promote wellbeing. A naturopath recognizes each person as an individual with their own vital force and unique health story. Clinically aiming to treat the underlying cause of imbalance and disease; to restore vitality, support healing, and maintain wellness.
A qualified naturopath understands the functional relationship between the internal and external influences of health and wellbeing which guides assessment and treatment through the use of nutritional and herbal medicine, mineral therapy, flower essence therapy, dietary changes, lifestyle advice and education.
1. The healing power of nature – the body has an innate ability to heal itself
2. Identify and treat the cause – not merely suppressing symptoms
3. First do no harm – acknowledge the individuals healing process and use the least force
4. Doctor as teacher – educate and empower patients
5. Treat the whole person - body, mind, spirit, emotional, physical and environmental
6. Prevention – prevent disease, assess risk factors and incorporate interventions to enhance wellbeing